"" Rob Parnell's Writing Academy Blog: Help Yourself to Success

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Help Yourself to Success

Dear Fellow Writer,

Nice to talk to you again.

My co-writer, George Hogge, and I, are putting the final touches to Episode Three of our Sherlock Holmes series.

Should be out in a week or so. It's a good one!

This week, we look at a simple exercise that will increase your word output, improve your state of mind and creativity - and may just make you rich and successful.


Help Yourself To Success


For a long time I've been interested in hypnosis, more specifically, self- hypnosis.

Apparently, though it might have been called other things throughout history, the concept of hypnosis is fairly recent and according to the great British hypnotist, Paul McKenna, really only works because people now believe it is a genuine phenomenon.

A few years back, advocates of psychoanalysis would have us believe we needed years of therapy to overcome personal issues like lack of self-esteem and all kinds of other neuroses.

However, there's mounting evidence that regular self-hypnosis can cure phobias and limiting behaviors in literally minutes.

I find this idea fascinating.

Especially that it's possible to create your own 'self-hypnosis' recordings designed to 'reprogram' your mind for success.

Try this:

Get yourself a recorder - there's usually one on your computer - and recite the following:

"With my eyes closed, I am totally relaxed. My body is completely stress free and I am ready to listen to my own words, encouraging me, helping me to see that success is easily within my reach.

"I write easily and well, without discomfort, sometimes for hours at a time.

"I am totally in control of my creativity, which nourishes me.

"My subconscious mind easily finds things for me to write about. It takes no real effort. It is as natural to me as breathing.

"My writing is bringing me closer to success as each day passes. Soon I will be a professional writer and my life will be better, more fun and filled with wealth and abundance.

"Now, take a few moments to think about what your life will be like soon. How wonderful and satisfying it will be.

(Pause for 30 seconds)

"When I open my eyes I will be alert and full of confidence, ready to start writing easily and well.

"Three, two, one, awake."

Now, play this recording back to yourself every time you sit down to write. 

I may be going out on a limb here but I'm ready to guarantee your life and more especially your writing will improve no end using this simple yet powerful technique.

Try it.

And keep writing!

Rob Parnell
Your Success is My Concern

No comments:

The Writing Academy

Welcome to the official blog of Rob Parnell's Writing Academy, updated weekly - sometimes more often!